I received word from an emergency hospital that one of our patients had passed away. She was a 10 month old Labrador and was so very cute. She got into a pesticide for roses and succumbed to the toxin.
Household products, especially rodenticides, snail bait, and insecticides can be very tasty to dogs…and very deadly.
If at all possible, just don’t use them. There are many, much safer alternatives such as traps, iron phosphate, and insecticidal soaps which are non-toxic. They might be more expensive but are worth it in the long run.
Also, please be careful of foods like grapes, macadamia nuts, onions, and chocolate which are tasty…and toxic.
I don’t want anymore tragedies. She was so young and sweet. She will be dearly missed.